Thursday, 23 July 2009 07:28
It is often difficult for parents to know whether their children are too sick to attend school.? Here are some general guidelines.
When you should keep your child at home:
- Fever is above 100o
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Flu: body aches, fever, headache
Keep your child at home until symptoms have subsided for 24 hours.
When you should send your child to school:
- Ear infection; no pain
- Minor cold; runny nose, cough, sneezing and no fever is present.
- Strep throat (after 24 hours of medication)
- Vague "I don't feel good" symptoms
When you should see your medical provider:
- Undiagnosed skin rash
- Eye infection
- Check with your health practitioner for further guidelines